Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tie dye, green cleansers, and Thai food!

Today my friend Robin and her four awesome kids came over for play and tie dye! For the second time, I was the ring leader of tie dying. I really need to get more organized, but it turned out well. I think all the kidlets had fun. We had a spaghetti lunch, and then all the kids played for a while. I got to have a great talk with Robin. Unfortunately, Louis wouldn't leave her little one alone. Louis loves to hug, and other little ones aren't always that receptive to the hugs!




I managed to get some sewing done which always feels good, and then off to another Holistic Moms meeting. Tonight we made "green" cleaners. It felt good to go to the meeting. Sometimes it is easy to slip into a less "holistic" style of living, and it's nice to get a recharge. One of the things that I'm trying to do in our home is green it up a bit. I've gotten a boost to get all the more toxic cleaners out of our house. I know my friend Carrie is (or was) reading a book called - Green Up Your Clean Up. I need to compare some notes with her. After I use the cleaners we made tonight - I'll post a review of them. Beth Ann went with me to the meeting, and she enjoyed making the cleaners. She really gets into environmental issues. I'm so proud of her.

On the way home from the meeting, Beth Ann and I went out for a late dinner. We went to a place called Swing Thai. It was quite chilly, but we sat outside anyway. We shared a pot of jasmine tea, a spring roll, a tofu salad with peanut sauce, and a stir fry. I love the one on one time I get with each of the kidlets. They're growing so fast - too fast! I treasure evenings like tonight.

No comments: