Thursday, April 9, 2009

Warm fuzzies for today

I’d Rather

I’d rather be a mother
Than anyone on earth
Bringing up a child or two
Of unpretentious birth.
I’d rather nurse a rosy babe
With warm lips on my breast
Than wear a queen’s medallion
Above a heart less blest.
I’d rather tuck a little child
All safe and sound in bed –
Than twine a chain of diamonds
Above my foolish head.
I’d rather wash a smudgy face
With round, bright baby eyes –
Than paint the pageantry of fame,
Or walk among the wise.

By
Meredith Gray



“Miracles are instantaneous; they cannot be summoned, but they come of themselves, usually at unlikely moments and to those who least expect them…” Katherine A. Porter

2 comments:

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

I love this!

Misty said...

I found these in my old La Leche League stuff - I love them, too!