Thursday, August 6, 2009

ABC's of Misty's Books

I found this on Bryan's Book Blog who found it at Boston Bibliophile, she calls it the ABC Book Meme, and these are the instructions she has on her blog:

“For this meme, you list a favorite book that starts with each letter of the alphabet. If you don't have a book for a letter (such as Z or X) than you can substitute a favorite book that simply has that letter in the title (i.e. The Lost City of Z or Hot Six by Janet Evanovich). However, you can only do this a maximum of 3 times. (Z, X, and Q, but not Z, X, Q, and V.) Books can be of any genre from fiction to non-fiction to poetry to textbooks.” And I am adding the rule that articles at the front of books (The, A, An) don’t count and it is the next letter that truly counts, so The Stand is an S book and A Medicine for Melancholy is an M book, etc."

I didn't completely follow the rules. There were a couple that I put on because they were different authors. The book on the letter may not have been my absolute favorite with that letter, but I didn't want to repeat authors! Also, I did have a "Z" book, but it was so terrible that I just couldn't put it on. So, sue me! :-) If anyone else decides to do this, please let me know. I would love to see your list!

A: The Awakening by Kate Chopin
B: Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin
C: Candide by Voltaire
D: Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
E: Empire of the Sun by James Graham Ballard
F: The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allen Poe
G: Gentle Birth Choices by Barbara Harper
H: Hamlet by William Shakespeare
I: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
J: The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
K: Keeper of the Light by Diane Chamberlain
L: The Lottery by Shirley Jackson
M: Milk, Money, and Madness: The Culture and Politics of Breastfeeding by Naomi Baumslag
N: Night by Elie Wiesel
O: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
P: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Lereoux
Q: EnQuiry by Dick Francis
R: Rubyfruit Jungle by Rita Mae Brown
S: The Stand by Stephen King
T: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
U: An Unsuitable Job for a Woman by P.D. James
V: The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice
W: A Woman of Substance by Barbara Taylor Bradford
X: The UnXpected Mrs. PollifaX by Dorothy Gilman
Y: Your Erroneous Zones by Wayne Dyer
Z: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of AZkaban by J.K. Rowling

1 comment:

mom said...

I am 66years old and I have not read that many books to even start a list. You impress me darlin!