Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Lots of progress....

 I'm very glad that I came up with a "five things rule." It has been very helpful. Very often, when I start off with five things, it quickly moves on to more. It's just a way to get me up off my butt. Today, I spent a lot of time in my bedroom, and it looks and feels great! This post is more of a "what I've been up to over the past few days" because I'm starting to lose track of the days! I have gotten a ton done though, and it feels good.

I decided to clean out my closet even though I had already done that not too long ago. I have realized that sometimes things need multiple passes to get everything. Now my closet feels done. I even did my husband's side. I found out that he has 11 pajama bottoms. He promises me that he's going to go through them. Let's see how long it takes him without me reminding him. It's been two days already. We'll see. The below pictures are after cleaning. The last picture is of what went. The trash bag is trash and the other was give away.




I tackled my bedroom as well. My dresser was a mess quite frankly. The below picture is it now. The drawers are cleaned out as well. I decided to go through one of my husband's drawers - the one where he keeps his t-shirts. With his permission, I got rid of many of t-shirts. He now has 19. Yes - 19. He thinks that's not that many - LOL. Oh well. It's less than half of what he had. My son was going through his room and closet on the same day. We purged a lot! It felt so good. 


Another thing we are trying to do this year is to get our house in good shape. We had to move out nearly three years ago because our house was flooded. It was a very traumatic experience. Well, I can't speak for the whole family, but it was traumatic for me. I have not felt like our house is a home since we moved back in. I have been adament about fixing everything in the house that needs fixing. Our basement bedroom is odd. It has this room/closet that you have to walk through to get to the bathroom. It has just been a room, so we're turning it into an official closet. We hung these this weekend. We still have some shelves to hang, but now my daughter has a closet.

She went through all her clothes when she was hanging them and purged quite a bit. She also went through some of her other things. Between her, my son, and I, we filled the back of Dora the Explorer. The thrift store loves me. Ha ha. The trash guys probably want to throw things at my house. Maybe I should make them cookies!

Another of my Ms for 2021 is movement. It is too easy for me to get sedentary when I get depressed or overwhelmed. The whole family (including the three doggos) went on a cool hike up near Golden. You can see the city on the way down. We didn't get to do the whole hike because we ran out of daylight, but we plan to go back. The whole hike is five miles, so we'll need to leave earlier in the day 


The picture below is of my Kamala's Own oil. I have had this oil for a long time. I have been burning it this week in honor of our very first woman vice president who will be sworn in tomorrow!!!!!!!


No comments: