Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Storage space progress

 We're almost out of the storage space! Woo hoo! Unfortunately, my childhood piano, while it looks lovely, is not fixable. I'm sad to say goodbye to it, but there is no reason to keep it if it cannot be fixed. We're going to have to pay the equivalent of a month's storage rent to dispose of it, but then we'll be done with that added expense every month. I have almost everything out of the storage space. While I now have a ton of boxes in my basement, I have gotten rid of a large amount of stuff. We've taken a lot to the thrift store, and we have trashed a lot. I know I will probably get rid of more, but I'm happy for now. 


Here is the next load of Goodwill stuff:


We also got some trash out of the storage space as well as an old DVD player that doesn't work (why do we still have that?!) and an old Direct TV box (again - why?!).

Parts of the house are really starting to feel good. Trey and Raymond got a new door up in our bedroom. We still need to put new trim up, paint it, and put on a new door knob, but it's a start. Today, following my five things rule, I went through the basket of socks. I have decided, in an effort to minimize and streamline, that I will have mostly all the same socks, so they are easy to match. I got rid of a bunch of my old socks which empties out my drawer a lot. I can't believe how many socks we have in this house! Well - HAD. I got rid of a lot of mismatched socks and socks with holes. I also went through the dogs' toys. Our dogs are spoiled. I got rid of many destroyed toys, and they still have an entire container full of toys. LOL. Oh well, they need their toys. :) 

Small progress is still progress. 

No comments: