Monday, January 4, 2021

Storage Shed

 When our flood happened, we needed to get a storage shed to move our things into. Unfortunately, it has just sat there with stuff in it, and we've been paying on it for almost three years now. It is time for it to go. It has also turned into a dumping ground. We cannot get rid of everything in it, but we do need to pare it down, clean it out, and move out of it! There is absolutely no need for us to pay over $200 a month just to store crap. Today, I spent about an hour in there going through stuff. I didn't make a huge amount of progress. It's a bit overwhelming to be in there, if I am honest. At least I got SOMETHING done. Here are the before pictures (and yes, they are embarrassing): 


A good chunk of the stuff is actually my parents' things, but way too much of it is ours. We have a lot to do before the end of the month. I am not paying $200 again next month. I brought some things home and some things that were the kids for them to go through - books. They actually got rid of about half the books I brought home, so that's good. The below pictures is the box of stuff that I took to ARC and a bag of trash. So, not a big start, but a start.


The below picture is my vision board for this year. It's filled with healthy, whole foods, flowers, clean, decluttered spaces, and tons of words. I've never made a vision board quite like this one. It's more words than anything else. I don't know if I want to talk about it yet, but here's the picture. This year is going to be intense.


I tried the "I love you" thing again today. Again, I had to take a long pause before it would even come out. Then I immediately said, "Oh my god, this is useless." But I changed it. I said, "No. I'm practising self-love. What you practice gets stronger." Well, it's something. 

No comments: