Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wow. There are so many things to think about, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around them. I couldn't go to sleep last night for the longest time because I was thinking about everything involved. While sitting in the family room, I couldn't concentrate on watching TV because I was thinking, "What would I store, and what would I sell?" Last night I was thinking, "Would we go East or West first?" When I've thought about it before, I thought we'd start in Arkansas and spend a few weeks, then we'd head north up to Minnesota, then go West, go South along the Pacific coast, then East along the South part of the US, spend Thanksgiving in Texas with Trey's folks, spend Christmas in Arkansas with my family. Then, we'd head back South and travel in the deep South then down into Florida during the early parts of the year, then up the Atlantic coast up to Maine, then West and eventually back down to Arkansas. Of course, last night I got to thinking that the early part of the year is tornado season for the deep South! I don't think I want to be traveling in a trailer during tornado season. Maybe we should reverse our course and travel the deep South in the fall and early winter. It's just crazy that there are so many things to think about!

How do we establish a residency in a state when we are traveling? We'd want to make sure we change residency at the first of the year, so we don't end up getting screwed on our state taxes. I have no idea how to establish a residency in a state though. Plus, this is an election year. We'll have to cast absentee votes. How do we get those ballots when we aren't going to be near any specific mailbox for any length of time? I don't want to miss voting in this election! If we don't have a mailbox that we have regular access to, what happens if we have to go to the doctor? How do we receive our bills? I'd have to be really organized and call the billing department of wherever we were seen pretty much weekly. I can just see us getting our credit screwed over because of some $25 bill that we didn't even know we owed.

My brain just won't shut off. There are so many things to think about.

No comments: