Friday, March 6, 2009

How to score!

And all you nasty people - get your minds out of the gutter!!! :-) I'm talking about shopping. Read your junk mail. I know, I know - it's a pain in the butt. I managed to get the amount of my junk mail reduced by opting out of credit card offers which has been nice, but I still get the flyers, etc. A few days ago, I got a flyer from Kohl's which has a new store a mile or so from our house. In the flyer, was a $10 gift card good only for 10 days or so. In the past couple of weeks, Beth Ann has ripped out two pair of pants, and she has another pair that is on the brink. So, I thought - what the heck - I'll check out Kohl's. Well, grand openings are known for having product marked down. We found her a $24 pair of cream colored jeans (that ACTUALLY almost fit around the waist - gasp) for just $13.99. After the gift card subtracted and then the tax added, I paid $4.31 for a brand new pair of pants for my kiddo. I would have had a hard time finding a deal that good at the thrift store. I usually pay $5 for a really good pair of pants. So, SCORE! Right now I have a $5 off $50 purchase at Target card sitting in my drawer. I may not use it. I have to read the fine print. We have a Super Target near here. For $5 off, it might be worth it to go grocery shopping there. That was another score from the junk mail pile. Another tip - read your grocery store flyers. A couple of weeks ago, peanut butter (an absolute staple in this household - I think the kiddos would go on strike if there were not peanut butter in the house) went on sale at Albertson's - $.88 for a 16 oz jar. Moral of the story, while junk mail is a pain in the butt - always look through it!

1 comment:

mom said...

You are so good girl! Hey I stopped at a thrift store on our way home from Branso, and they had a friday and saturday sale all clothes 50% off! So I bought three pair for only 3.00 and I was so proud to! Lands End and some other good names! I must take after my Daughter, good shopping! Keep up the good work and save, save, save,