Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Arachnaphobia

This porch demolition is really starting to get to me. I'm not concerned about the heavy work or the splinters or the blisters, etc. It's the spiders. Yes, I am fully aware that my fear of spiders is completely irrational. I even have this irrational fear under control enough that I don't usually totally flip out when I see one. That is simply because I don't want to pass on my irrational fear to my children. I've had to lay on the deck and unhook some old electrical stuff from underneath the bench seat on the deck. Every little itch has me freaking out about spiders. Eeeewwwww!!! I hate spiders.

What I love is watching my children learn to read. The joy they get at being able to connect the letters and make them into words is so much fun to watch. Tonight my son read two books to me. It was wonderful. He carefully sounded out each word and had the biggest smile on his face when he got to the words "The End."

Today I got to spend several hours with one of my good friends. The kids played almost without incident which is always a good thing! We got to chat and work on our yarn crafts. It was a great day, and I feel refreshed and ready for my big work day tomorrow!

I still can't find my card reader! So, here's some old pictures. These are from Louis' first birthday.



No comments: