Sunday, June 15, 2008

Boycott WaterCourse Foods?!?!

I was doing an Internet search to see if I could find a restaurant review that I had written on my food blog. Instead, I found the restaurant and another restaurant owned by the same people mentioned on another blog. I was floored when I read that this person was boycotting WaterCourse Foods and City O' City because *wait for it* they don't sell diet Coke. Yes, you read that right. The owners have decided to keep their integrity and not sell out to major corporations. Also, they won't sell products that contain harmful ingredients such as high fructose corn syrup.

We boycott a lot of companies in this house. Probably the most notable company we boycott is Nestle. I'm proud of the fact that my children know we do not buy products from Nestle because they are a company without morals. In this house, we call Nestle the "big, bad baby killers." My children know that children's lives and our integrity are both more important than buying a Butterfinger. We boycott companies with major human rights violations, for animal testing, and for other reasons that go against our moral code. I'm blown away that someone would boycott a morally responsible company because they have integrity and won't sell diet Coke. His parents must be so proud.

No comments: