Monday, January 26, 2009

Cliche' Time

What are those cliche's? I am really feeling like I am "between the proverbial rock and a hard place" right now. Do I "trust in the universe to provide" or is there truly "no fate, but what we make?" Yep. Told you it was time for cliche's. Trey is certainly not less stressed than I am about this whole situation - his situation is just more clear cut: find a job. My situation is muddy. I am 25 weeks pregnant today. I can't wait a few more weeks to see if he can find a job. My only shot is now - right now. I can hide this pregnancy this week - maybe next week - and that's pretty much it. No one is going to hire someone as pregnant as I am. Okay, legally they can't NOT hire me because of my pregnancy, but I'm not a fool. If insurance wasn't an issue, there would be a much more clear cut plan - wait until after the baby is born. Most likely, things will be great - baby will be healthy - I'll do fine - blah, blah, blah. Do we trust that things will work out that way, or do we lose the house if something happens? *sigh* Remember when you were a kid, and you thought things would be easier as a grown up?

2 comments:

Loelle said...

Oh, so that's why you are looking. I hope it all works out.
I lost my job when I was about 4 months pregnant with Owen. I wasn't ready to stop working yet, we needed to put away some money so I coudlstay home whenhe was born, so I was out looking for jobs at 5 months pg. Yes, miserable. With first pg, you aren't yet in maternity clothes (ha ha - with the next I was in maternity clothes at 2 weeks pg!)- but none of your regular clothes fit quite right. I am so lucky somebody in my old lab took pity on me and hired me!
Good hiring vibes are coming your way...

Robin's Ramblings said...

I had no idea... I am so sorry... I know that Olive Garden has tons of pregnant women and offer first day insurance. It is terribly expensive but, it is there. If I could adopt ya'll I would! Does Colorado have a kids insurance program? I know Utah does.
My thoughts and prayers are with you (as always, but more so today!)
Love ya'
Robin