Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Toothy Tuesday

Here's the big news of the day: Ray lost his very first tooth! He is very excited about it. I really hope the tooth fairy has some money. *cough*


Tonight was the last soccer night. I coached two games since Trey is in San Francisco. Both teams won their games. The kindergarten team won by one point and the 1st/2nd graders won by three points. They were pretty jazzed! I think some of the parents of the older team wanted to get the kids trophies, but no one stepped up to the plate to organize it. That's a parent job, not a coach job! I printed out certificates for all the team members and printed a picture we took last week for them. I even got a hug from one of my team. It was nice, and I think the kids all had fun. Here's a picture of the munchkins with their certificates. Louis had to have one, too, so I let him pose with the one for the player who didn't show up.


Here's a picture of my bush out front. It's just starting to get pretty. I need to get another picture of it in about a week. It had some dead branches sticking out, and there was some thorn bush that had grown up from the neighbors yard that were making it not as pretty. I got all that cleaned out plus a big dead hunk of wood that was entangled in it, and now it looks really nice.


This picture is what is left of the obliterated stump. It has to sit there until I have a place to put it though which will be after trash day!


This picture is of my next big project. I started on it today. All those rocks have been slowly migrating out into the yard. I went to Lowe's today and bought a bunch of landscaping bricks. I got the project started. It was a lot of work to take Louis to the store, load the bricks on the cart, load the bricks into the car, and get the bricks out of the car. By the time I was done with that, I was bushed! I did get some work done on the actual project though. I hope it's going to be nice out tomorrow, so I can get a bunch more done on it. Maybe I'll even get it done! Of course, I found out today that super mom and Wonder Woman I am NOT! I am going to chill tonight and watch a movie. I got a foreign film from Netflix in the mail today: The Bicycle Thief. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: